Rawr! Meet our scaly Brachiosaurus dinosaur! He’s super fun to make and a great sensory experience.
- 2 paper plates
- tempura paint (colors of choosing)
- kid scissors
- white glue
- black marker
- green lentils
1. Let’s start by cutting the plate. First, cut one plate in-half to make the body of the dinosaur.
2. Next, cut the rim or outside of the plate of the half you’re not using, it will be the neck of the dinosaur. Use the plate scraps to cut an oval shape, it will be the head. Set aside.
3. Next, cut the rim or outside of the second paper plate. Use the rim as the legs and tail of the dinosaur, cut into pieces. I cut small triangles out of the feet for the claws!
4. Now you’re ready to glue. Glue all pieces together, set aside to dry.
5. Next, it’s time to paint.
6. While it’s wet, add white glue, a lot of glue!
7. Add lentils and allow to dry. Tip: We used a lot of lentils, so to prevent them from falling off, I added a heavy layer of glue over the lentils with a sponge brush once the lentils dried.
8. Finally, using a black marker add an eye and mouth. Watch your child’s imagination soar – RAWR!!