- wrapping paper
- hot glue gun
- heavy white card stock paper
1. First, cut the wrapping paper in 5×7″ rectangles.
2. Next, make the origami boat folds.
3. Next, cut small pieces off tool into a sail shape. I printed the flags on the computer and cut them by hand (Tip: download a flag template into Word, much easier).
4. Next, glue the flags to the toothpick, hiding the point so the kids don’t get poked.
5. Then, weave the toothpick back and forth through the tool.
6. Finally, glue the flag pole to the back of the boat tip. I played on ocean words that coordinated with the food—PB & Jelly-Fish Sandwiches, Crunchy Sea Plants, Goldfish Bar, Sea Kelp, Sparkling Octopus Ink, and more.