This post contains affiliate links for your convenience.
Caterpillars are too cute! This fun, simple craft will challenge your preschooler in color recognition, sequencing, and counting!
- Clip-style Clothespins
- Elmer’s Washable Glue
- Pipe Cleaner, 2 inch length
- Googly eyes
- Black Marker
- Run a line of white glue down one flat side of the clothes pin.
- Have your child carefully place their pom-poms in the line of glue to form their caterpillar. Discuss color recognition, color sequencing, and counting.
- Next, bend the pipe cleaner into a “V” shape to create the antennae. Insert the antennae between the first and second pom-pom, adding glue if necessary.
- Put two dots of glue where the eyes will go and put the eyes in place.
- Add the mouth using a black marker.
- Let the glue dry completely.