This is a simple, absolutely delectable salad, and good hot or cold! My dear friend Maytrella shared this recipe with me, so in-turn, I’m sharing it with you — it’s that tasty! I made it for C’s Under The Sea Birthday Bash, it was called “Sea Urchin Salad!” It’s super yummy and full of goodness!
- Bow-tie pasta, 1 lb bag
- Peas, frozen, 8 oz, or half of 1 lb. bag
- Pesto, 10-12 oz, to taste
- Pine nuts or almonds pieces, roasted
- Black pepper, to taste
- Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Cook pasta according to directions. Do not over cook.
- While pasta is cooking, steam peas. Do not over cook peas, slightly harder is better. Set aside.
- Next, roast pine nuts in non-stick pan, medium heat, no oil, stirring frequently. Watch them, they burn fast! Quickly roast on each side until slightly brown, cool, then set aside. I don’t measure the nuts, depends on individual taste, probably 1 cup. I like the extra protein!
4. Combine peas, nuts, and pepper. I prefer a lot of nuts and peas, so add more or less if desired.
5. Add remaining ingredients, pasta, pesto, and mix. Depending on how thick you like your pesto, add or take away. Once the pasta cools, it will become a bit drier and the pesto oil will settle to the bottom. So, either allow it to come to room temperature before serving, reheat, or add a little more pesto sauce.
6. Finally, add freshly grated parmesan cheese and serve! Enjoy!
Allergy Alert: contains dairy, nuts, and wheat.